Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Little Junk Journal

I really enjoy making journals out of various items. I wanted to show you all this little junk journal I made earlier this year. I have been working in it slowly to fill it up with goodies. It has turned into one of my very favorites.

It measures 4x6 inches.  The covers are made of recycled cereal box cardboard. The pages are made of random pieces of recycled paper, envelopes, scraps, newspaper, receipts, junk mail, book text, etc.

Thanks for stopping in! :)

Friday, December 6, 2013

Inchie Update

Well, I finished my November challenge to create 30 inchies!!
Here they are all together...

I have had so much fun with these, that I decided to add 20 more before Christmas! Here are the next 5.

Right now I am keeping them in this little Altoid tin. It's quite satisfying somehow to open it up each day and place
another inchie on top of all the others. It gives me joy!

I have to say that I am pretty addicted to making these tiny treasures. It is a really fun challenge and I just might continue
beyond the 50, who knows! ;)

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Diane's Tag Tutorial

Hey all!  Can you believe it is December already?  Wow!  Time is flying!!  I received some requests for a tutorial on some tags I made recently, so here it is.

The basic visual supply "list" of items I used.

First, I cut some 3" wide strips from a manilla file folder. I left the fun shapes/curves at the top because they are random and fun. Next I sprayed some Dylusions inks through some stencils and let those dry. Then I put a light wash over that to blend the hard edges where the stencils were. Next I grabbed my crayons and started scribbling and drawing shapes, etc.

I grabbed some acrylic and began adding paint in various places, also adding some bits of paper and stamped images.

I trimmed them in half for tag size.

At this point I work with the composition of each: adding more paint, crayons, gel sticks, doodling, or whatever strikes my fancy to balance them out.

I decided that instead of trimming corners and adding holes for the standard tag design I would try something different. I painted an index card with black acrylic, sketched out some borders and shapes and cut them out.  I doodled them up a bit, then glued or stapled them on to make them look a little more finished. The last step was to ink the edges.  
I love how they look with this one simple step! :)

Here are the finished tags...

One last photo of some others I had done with the same process.

This was actually kinda fun putting up this little "How To".
Hope it helps someone. Blessings! :)